Welcome to my life! It's not always simple, crazy or otherwise spectacular, but it's mine and I love it! I use a lot of "!!!" And I'm ok with that! These are just simple musings from a relatively normal girl. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome Back-To Me

So, the last post I made was on the morning of April 27th, 2011. To some, that date carries no meaning, but to many now, it is the day of "the storms". Looking back, I find irony in #3 of my  last post. Well, now I have the trauma associated with storms and have reason to fear them, though I am trying so hard to calm myself and overcome the PTSD associated with tornadoes. I was just not able to get back to blogging after that point. I lost something for awhile. The grief and sorrow for neighbors and friends was overwhelming and still almost 4 months later, I see the destruction in our town and know some may never fully recover. But we've also seen the fighters, the overcomers and the faithful. The stories of heroism and protection are endless and I am strengthened by those I should be strengthening. It's not in us though. It is all in the power and grace of the Almighty.
I'm recommitting to my blog and hope that once I work out the kinks and oil the gears here, you will find encouragement and a few giggles as I share my (often, skewed) view of the world I live in! So, here goes!

This is an historic time in my life. My oldest child, Jackson, will be starting kindergarten in one teency weency little week. Wow. He's ready. He's prepared and I am choking back the tears. We go to orientation tonight to learn just how difficult that first day really will be! (or maybe a relief as he has recently developed a love for commercials and is asking for every thing he sees, or requesting that I add it to "his list." He can quote infomercials and tell me all the reasons that we need to buy such and such. Santa will never be able to fill all the requests. Any takers on that?)
Not only this, but my hubby turns 40 on Tuesday and my baby girl turns 3 the following Sunday! And then, it's the big 3-2 for me at the end of the month! It's a busy (party) time around Ryerson Acres (our affectionate nickname for our 6 acres)!
It's also 6 months from the time that I lost my baby early in the pregnancy.
Many milestones. Many joys. A few sorrows. I've learned so much about relationships and about myself as a friend, wife and mother. God has remained (unsurprisingly) faithful and life has continued by His grace. Soon, I will share more about these last few months. Today, I just needed to get back in there and start writing. So, Welcome back-to me.

Working it out-In the Meantime,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment